Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Veggie Primavera

I've recently been asked by a few friends if I'd ever used this new product that just came out in any of my cooking endeavors....Philadelphia Cooking Creme....made from the creators of the infamous cream cheese. Although not a product I'd use often because it's not the healthiest of options, I have cooked with it a time or two. It was a big hit each time with my family. We usually have a "pasta night" each week where I make the classic standby of spaghetti or penne with either meatballs or sausage. This week, I changed it up, and created Summer Veggie Primavera with Chicken using Philadelphia's Italian Cheese and Herb flavored Cooking Creme.

I used:

~1 lb Chicken Breast (optional)
~1/2 bushel of green onions (chopped)
~1 lrg zucchini (sliced and halved)
~2 small yellow squashed (sliced)
~6 oz of baby spinach
~1 head of broccoli (chopped)
~1 lrg red pepper (julienned)
~1 tub of Philadelphia Cooking Creme (Italian Cheese and Herb flavor)
~1 lb whole wheat penne pasta



First cook pasta al dente, drain, and set aside. Then slice or cube chicken breast and cook thoroughly in lightly oiled large saute pan. Next add all raw veggies and cook for 5 minutes (veggies should still be crisp). Add Cooking Creme and Stir together. Add cooked pasta and again stir until pasta is coated in creme sauce. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve with garlic bread. Mmm, Mmmm, Good!! (Have to admit, I stole that line from Campbells. lol)




Soooooo easy....and the stove top won't be on for long in this summer heat!


Delicious....especially paired with a glass of Relax Riesling.


One of my fav summer wines.....and who wouldn't love a wine with the name "Relax" on it? Not me!

Relax Riesling
Germany/Mosel Valley
fruit and floral aromas of apples and pears
sweet and refreshingly crisp
Pairs well with light salads, poultry dishes, seafood, blue cheese, or on it's own!
Enjoy!

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment