Friday, September 16, 2011

"The Vintage Leaf"

Time to put away the seashells, seaglass, and citrus scented candles. Fall is here, and it's time to make your home feel warm and cozy with all the wonderful elements of this time of year.
My favorite things are the cool mornings, leave piles, and warm apple pie!

Although, I do love this time of year, I find that a lot of stores carry autumn decorations that are just a little too much for my taste. I like to hint subtly, so I came up with this pretty craft that keeps true to my decorating style.

"The Vintage Leaf"

For this craft you will need:
~A vintage book that you wouldn't mind having a few pages missing
~White cardstock paper
~Mod podge
~Frame

To make...
Cut out a template of a leaf, trace it on to a page from a vintage book. Apply a thin coat of mp to the back of the leaf and a thin layer to the cardstock. Apply the leaf and even out any air bubbles. Let dry. Apply another thin coat over the leaf. Let dry.






 

Enjoy!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment